THE PRINCIPLES BY WHICH PRESTBURY PARISH COUNCIL OPERATES
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Prestbury Parish Council is to work to maintain the unique and beautiful character of our village and its rural setting, to keep the Parish as a thriving and friendly place for residents and visitors alike and to strive to represent the majority views of those who live here.
We will do our best for the Council, for the community we represent and for the future preservation of our unique and beautiful village. We will seek to maintain a strong team of Councillors, with a good mix of skills, bringing in extra voluntary and paid help as deemed necessary, and we will ensure we are supported and guided by a professional Clerk and any other staff that it proves necessary to employ.
We will try to be wise, just and tolerant in dealing with the affairs of our fellow men.
Our aims will be:
- 1. to keep Prestbury as a beautiful village with its own distinctive character surrounded by a Green Belt setting as our residents have strongly indicated they wish us to do
- 2. to keep our parish as safe, attractive and tidy as possible and to encourage commercial enterprises at the centre and a wide variety of clubs and organisations to operate and prosper in order to ensure we maintain Prestbury as an enjoyable and friendly place to live and an appealing place to visit.
- 3. to keep us moving forward, maintaining what is good and what is traditional while moving on to meet the changing needs of our village and its people and the external challenges that come to bear
- 4. to use the opportunities of devolvement from the principal authority and the proclaimed national move towards ‘localism’ to take more control of our destiny
- 5. to attempt to meet, with our best endeavours, the needs and expectations of those who live here
- 6. to inform the community of position, progress and plans
We will refer to the following key documents to guide us
The adopted and the unabridged versions of the Village Design Statement
Any other Supplementary Planning Documents
The Parish Plan
Our mission statement and these Principles
Adopted Code of Conduct